‘Country-driven’ approach needed to limit COVID-19 damage to food security
The report lays out seven priorities to enhance food system and minimize COVID-19 effects on food security.
• Reinforce a global humanitarian response plan for COVID-19.
• Improve data for decision-making,
• Ensure economic inclusion and social protection to reduce poverty.
• Bolster trade and food safety standards.
• Boost smallholders’ ability to recover.
• Strengthen a “One Health” approach to prevent the next zoonotic pandemic
• Transform how food systems work